Mats Nordgren wrote:
I finally got the courage to try the eggs install on Windows after reading
the documentation on zopeproject.  It worked great and I have my brand new
project working.

Great to hear.

Now here is the problem.  I'm assuming a "python setup.py install" will
download all the parts and install it into my python site-packages directory
as that seems to be what it is doing.

Yup. Note that this isn't quite recommended. Messing with the global Python installation will make it very hard to run different kinds of sandboxes (that require different versions of packages).

I suggest creating individual, quarantined sandboxes using zopeproject: http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/zopeproject

But I get an error when i get to the zope.app.session package.

Here is the trace.  Now I'm not sure why it is trying to get the 3.4 version
as the zopeproject downloaded the 3.5dev.  Can someone shed some light on
this?

Searching for zope.app.session
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/zope.app.session/
Reading http://svn.zope.org/zope.app.session
Best match: zope.app.session 3.4.0
Downloading
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/z/zope.app.session/zope.app.s
ession-3.4.0.zip#md5=c3d63fd6917049ed3556d32972441031
Processing zope.app.session-3.4.0.zip
Running zope.app.session-3.4.0\setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
c:\docume~1\mats
\locals~1\temp\easy_install-3z0srr\zope.app.session-3.4.0\egg-dist-tmp-b02rfo
error:
c:\docume~1\mats\locals~1\temp\easy_install-3z0srr\zope.app.session-3.4.0
\CHANGES.txt: No such file or directory

Yes. Somebody created a new zope.app.session egg that doesn't contain a CHANGES.txt. We'll try and upload a new one. Thanks for catching this.