On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 03:29:15PM -0400, Jeremy Roberts wrote:

> I'm starting to suspect my design pattern here isn't going to support
> my requirements. Has anyone solved this problem or have any pattern
> advice?<br>

On my Site, I always try to obey the rule, that the default view of an object
found via a catalog search is what the user want's to see. For small objects
"without" a real view, I simply define a view which redirects to i.e. the
default view.

Determining, which view, the ITidbit object is used in is very easy. Just make
ISiteSection objects implement i.e. this interface:

class IGetTidbitView(Interface):
   def getTidbitViewName(tidbid):
      """Returns the name of the view, the given object is used in."""

Use the method in the browser redirect returned by the Tidbit's default view.