I have been trying to set up a virtualenv as has been suggested several times on this list.
Following steps in section 1.4 of "Zope Component Architecture.pdf"
I have a path problem:

$ easy_install virtualenv
virtualenv 0.8.4 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
Installing virtualenv script to /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/ Versions/2.4/bin Using /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/ site-packages/virtualenv-0.8.4-py2.4.egg
Finished processing dependencies for virtualenv

$ virtualenv myvirtualenv
New python executable in myvirtualenv/bin/Python
ERROR: The executable myvirtualenv/bin/Python is not functioning
ERROR: It thinks sys.prefix is '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/ Versions/2.4' (should be '/Users/georgewright/myvirtualenv')
ERROR: virtualenv is not compatible with this system or executable

How do I fix that sys.prefix problem?
Following threads on virtualenv I gather I should be using a "non- system python installation". How do I do that?
George Wright