All you need to do is to get non-cookie based sessions, and then you can use the existing session-authentication machinery.

Look at the client id framework in zope.session,
http://svn.zope.org/zope.session/trunk/src/zope/session/http.py?view=auto

I assume you "just" need to implement a URL client id manager. (BTW, I would leverage the namespace machinery, so you'd end up with URLs with http://foo.com/++session++42/foo/bar.)

I'm sure if you come up with anything, others would be interested. :)

Jim