Marius Gedminas wrote:
On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 12:34:03AM +0900, hass wrote:
I'm experiencing a problem with security declarations in OOBTreeItems.
The following setting which used to worked with an older version of zope.security failed after upgrading to 3.7.2.

What version did you use before?

<...snip...>
the error occurs in a view when I try to see if a filename is already in self.context.keys():
------------------
  File "pdfprofile/browser.py", line 151, in extractData
    if data['filename'] in self.context.keys():
ForbiddenAttribute: ('__contains__', <OOBTreeItems object at 0xb71c7570>)

You could use

      if data['filename'] in self.context:

instead, and avoid the OOBTreeItems completely.

Well, I was using 3.5.0 before but that doesn't seem to be the issue because when I check the older version, it didn't declare any permission for OOBTreeItems as well. The thing is that I updated my whole repository to the latest versions, so its really hard to figure out what has caused this change of behavior across versions.

Now I believe I have correct declarations on the self.context. The problem only arises when I try to look inside the self.context.keys() which is a OOBTreeItems object.

When I try to check the security declarations, I get an empty list meaning no declarations at all.

I don't think I remember zope.security (and zope.app.security before
that) ever declaring permissions for OOBTreeItems...

 >>from zope.security.proxy import getTestProxyItems
 >>getTestProxyItems(self.context.keys())
 >>[]

Do I have to declare them myself? shouldn't these declarations come as default?

Good question.  I don't see why not.

My problem was solved by using "if 'something' in self.context" instead of "if 'something' in self.context.key()". Thanks alot! But is there basically no other standard use-case scenario of OOBtreeItems imaginable?
Is that why the declarations are not being made by default? just wondering.

Thanks again!
Hass
Regards,
Marius Gedminas