On Thu, 25 May 2000, Curtis Maloney wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>       I am experimenting with my first ZClass.  I have inherited from
> Renderable, and XMLDocument.  I have added a few DTML Methods, including a
> 'render' method.
>
>       Testing has been all well and good, with pages displaying predictably when
> I hit the View tag, but if I hit View in the folder, which contains one of
> my classes as index_html, it doesn't display correctly.
>
>       My class relies on being able to find methods in itself (using _.hasattr()
> ), but the results are as if it cannot find any.  I thought this might be
> because render is a dtml Method, so I tried it as a DTML Document.  Now
> when trying to view it, it asks for authentication, and denies anyone (even
> the superuser).
>
>       What am I doing wrong?  Shouldn't a ZClass member method be able to
> reference other members in the same ZClass?

And in continuing...

If i reference any of the objects of this class explicitly, via an URL, the
index_html is rendered correctly, unless it is the index_html i reference, in
which case it shows the above problems.

There must be something fairly fundamental I'm missing here, surely?
--
Have a better one,
        Curtis.

<dtml-var standard_work_disclaimer>