>Phil Langton wrote:
>> Someone has mentioned that Digital Creations has taken on someone who
>> is to implement a zope-based virtual learning environment tool kit.
>> Is this so?
>> Any mailing lists or contacts or test areas?
>You're probably referring to me.  I haven't taken an active role in
>this area recently because of the time it takes to get married
>(January/February), change jobs (March/April), move across the country
>(April), and get settled in a new area. :-)
>The zope-edu project was doing well for a while but we were unable to
>define the scope of the project.  There are a lot of facets involved
>and everybody was approaching it with a very different perspective.
>And nobody knew the technology well enough: it's too easy to
>re-implement things in Zope that have already been done by others.  A
>battle ensued over naming conventions (ZSchool? ZopeEdu? Something
>else?) and the mailing list eventually reached an activity level of

Which IMHO was actually mainly due to the maillist server severely suffering
from outage and millenium bugs, because before that I recall discussions
were very much alive, and of a high quality.

>We could start again with a new approach: a Wiki!  Wikis work very well
>for initial designs.  We could take the good posts from pi.slcc.edu and
>put them into the Wiki right away.
>How many are still interested in this?

I was among one of the first to be active in the zope-edu list and I am
still interested and even working on a product for course maintenance. I
even sent Shane an immature snapshot, but had to reimplement the product
because of nesting ZClasses (sigh). Moreover, I was changing jobs as well,
which did not exactly help in getting things from the ground.

So - yes I'm still interested Shane.