I think this is pretty much what we're intending to do. We haven't
decided about XML-RPC Vs ZClient. The aim is to get something
(anything) working, however hard coded, and then improve it.

"Kevin Dangoor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hmm... "takes the email message and puts it into Zope". Using ZClient or
>XML-RPC? ZClient is probably the easiest way to go. You'd probably want a
>simple script configured in the file system to send the message on to method
>in Zope via ZClient. That method will be part of a MailHandler object (or
>some such) that can have rules based on the email address that the message
>is going to. These rules will likely pass the message on to another method
>(probably a PythonMethod, since this is programming we're talking about). It
>might be nice if the MailHandler broke the message up into usable fields
>instead of a plain text stream. I think there's a python module for doing

--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 753703
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 753742
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============