                  From: Dieter Maurer  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                  Date: Wed Jun 7, 2000 9:03pm
                  Subject: Re: [Zope] WorldPilot - Regular messages are
attachments?

                  Bryan Stillwell writes:

                  > Here's the traceback I received:
                  >
                  >   Sorry, a Zope error occurred.<p>
                  > <!--
                  > Traceback (innermost last):
                  >   File
/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/WorldPilot/WorldPilot.py, line 1878, in
getpart
                  >     (Object: RoleManager)
                  >   File
/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/WorldPilot/WorldPilot.py, line 856, in
getPart
                  >   File
/var/tmp/python/python-root/usr/lib/python1.5/mimetools.py, line 146, in
decode
                  > ValueError: unknown Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
"mimetools.encode/decode" do not handle transfer encodings "7bit", "8bit"
and
                  "binary", because there is nothing to do for them.

                  "WordPilot" should check for them and not call "decode".

                  > Another strange thing is the path to the mimetools.py
file in the
                  > traceback:
/var/tmp/python/python-root/usr/lib/python1.5/.  The
                  > /var/tmp/python/python-root path should have only been
used during the
                  > creation of the python rpm, but it's showing up now. The
"*.pyc" files remember the name they have been compiled from.

                  Dieter

smime.p7s