Hi Paul !

Paul Abrams wrote:
> I noticed that when you delete a property in a ZClass, it
> doesn't actually delete the property in **instances** of
> that ZClass! This leaves properties lying around where they
> can be inadvertently acquired, causing problems that are
> difficult to trace.
> Has anyone gotten bitten by this, or know of a solution?

I solved it by adding this External Method, and calling
all instances with it:

def delete_attribute(self,the_id):

BTW, I have also written an External Method that moves
the attribute to a DTML Method:

def move_attribute(self,the_attribute_id):
   attribute=str(getattr(self, the_attribute_id))
   if attribute!="":
      self.manage_addDTMLMethod(the_attribute_id,file=" " + attribute)

Maik Röder

"The computing future is based  on "cyberbodies" - self-contained,
neatly-ordered,  beautifully-laid-out  collections of information,
like immaculate giant gardens." The second coming - A manifesto. David
Gelernter http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/gelernter/gelernter_p1.html