Toby Dickenson wrote:
> >> One disadvantage is that solution is that each Zope will have poor
> >> locality-of-reference within the object database. I think I can avoid
> >> that using a squid redirector ( Ill post any
> >> news.
> >
> >What do you mean?
> Suppose your zope site is comprised of many
> largely independant sections,
> etc.
> Your multiple Zopes can all serve all of these sections, however
> theres not enough storage for each machine to hold all the sections
> simultaneously.

As I understand ZEO, each machine _doesn't_ hold the site. The ZEO
clients (servers) communicate with a central ZSS (Zope Storage Server).
So in this contrived example, the problem is non-extant. ;-)

> You can make better use of ZODB's in-memory cache and the ZEO pickle
> cache if the requests for /section1 usually go to the same server.

AIUI (I'm no ZEO expert, I just use it ;) ), you can have each server
cache a certain amount, thus ameliorating the problem somewhat.

Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.