On Fri, 11 Aug 2000 23:30:43 +0200, "Philipp Auersperg"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>We want to (mis)use zope as an application server servicing a proprietary non-http
>protocol
>for transmitting compressed data.

Its easy to overlook http if your application is not a conventional
'web' application, but there are strong reasons for sticking with http
if possible: you can benefit from the existing tools and
infrastructure, plus Zope already talks http.

SOAP looks like it will be popular for similar reasons.

What do you need to do that makes http unsuitable?

Toby Dickenson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]