I did follow the instructions for patching ZOPE (added import crypt to  Any other ideas on what I should look for in my ZOPE
installation?  Is there a specific crypt ( file that I might be

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Bishop [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 3:04 AM
To: Brad Mabe
Subject: Re: [Zope] GUF and crypt

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Brad Mabe wrote:

> Greetings,
> I am following the directions in hippy's GenericUserFolder with an SQL
> database how to, and ran into a snag.  When I call crypt, zope returns the
> following:
> Error Type: AttributeError
> Error Value: crypt

I think you need to hack your Zope installation to allow access to the
crypt function directly from DTML (it should be in the earlier part of
the doc). This, and a great many other functions, probably should be
available from DTML without hacking but no one has pushed hard enough
to get them added to the Zope distribution yet.

Stuart Bishop                          Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Alchemist               Play: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Computer Science, RMIT University