> I've downloaded the src of Zope 2.2.1 on my UltraSparc running Solaris
> 8, built it ok, but when I try run ./start it it dumps core with a
> segmentation fault.
> Is this problem known? Anything I can do?
> I am completely new to both Python and Zope ...

I don't know of any problems inherent to running on Sol8.
It seems like maybe it could have something to do with
your Python installation. One way you could test that is
to cd to the lib/python dir of your Zope installation,
start your local Python interpreter and try:

import ExtensionClass

Brian Lloyd        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Software Engineer  540.371.6909
Digital Creations  www.digicool.com