> Hi,
> I made an effort to look through the FAQs on zope.org and couldn't find a
> definitive answer, though the ZODB faq hinted that my fears are warranted.
> If I deploy a site and store content in the ZODB, what are my options in terms
> of automatically getting it out of there and into another DB or format later
> on?
> I just installed Zope tonight and have been going through the exercises in the
> O'rielly chapters on the website. It's _really_ impressive, and I'm
> considering using it and learning some Python instead of the homebrewed
> PHP/MySQL Content Management App I've been working on, but without a good exit
> strategy should I want to migrate away from Zope later, I'm hesitant. Can I
> get an authoritative answer?

No, but you can get an answer or two for free. ;)

You can export Zope objects as XML. You can then write/find a parser that will convert
these into the needfuls for
importing to a RDBMS.

Alternatively, you can store the data in an RDBMS using the SQL adapters.

Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.