I have observed that in some Zope installations (I am using Zope 2.1.6
through PCGI on Linux, my browser is Internet Explorer 5.5), if I have more
than 4 or 5 images (currently I have one page with 12 GIF images), sometimes
not all the pictures show up. If I reload the page, the problem is often

I have seen similar situations both with static images and dynamic images
(images generated by Python programs.) I am not sure whether the problem is
in the browser, in the Zope server, or in my ISP.

Has anyone seen something similar?

Hung Jung

PS- related to this, I also know that for Zope 2.1.x there is some thread
competing write problem: when two threads (from different browser windows)
compete in writing, one browser window does not receive any response. I know
Zope is supposed to abort one of the threads and restart it, and matter of
fact I do see that happen when I insert print statements. But it's just
strange that the browser window does not display anything. This problem
reportedly happens with Zope 2.1.6 and 2.1.x, both on Linux and Windows,
with IE5 and Netscape browsers alike. This could be a different problem,