Hung Jung Lu writes:
 > It kind of make me feel better to know other people have observed the same
 > problem. I found the following message in the mailing list by Pierre-Julien
 > Grizel around 09/04/2000, with title: [Zope] Images slow rendering problem
 > So, it does seem that Zope 2.1.6 has some problems handling multiple images.
If the images are large, then Zope 2.1.6's ZServer synchronization
bug may be the cause.

You will find a patch both in the collector as well as at:

At work, I now have a reproducible image problem:
  * Shift-Reload shows the image
  * Reload: correctly shows the image
  * Reload: broken image

I am very confident, that at least this problem will go away
as soon as I find some time to analyse it.