Jonathan Cheyne wrote:
> Hi, just a quickie idiot question ..
> Does zope use any of the python on my RH6.2 box or does it use its own
> copy exclusively?
> I was trying to install the python xml libraries to try our the hyperdom
> product. I installed an rpm succesfully before remembering that zope has
> its own python.
only on windows...

> I struggled to install a tgz version though and it
> struck me that I was probably not being as efficient as I could be ...
> So the question is: can I run zope using the stock RH6.2 distributions'
> own copy of python?

check if it has threads

        import threading
        print "this won't work"
        import sys;sys.exit()
print "you can use this python"

if not normally a python install is as simple as

./configure --with-threads
make install

you might need to switch your path if you've got both pythons on your
system as most
will put /usr/bin before /usr/local/bin

you can check which one your using with:: which python

to fix it in bash :: export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH