Hi, Marc

The SQL engine usually returns something that looks like a list of

So, you might try using (untested, but I have done similar things)

"genericSQL(SQLStatement='Select count(*) from my_table where my_field =

The [0][0] identifies the first cell in the first row of what is
returned, which should be the value you are looking for.  I have not
used the genericSQL statement, but this idea has worked for me in the

-- Jim Washington