Your name is zope?

There is no need for an acquiring or containment relationship.

What has worked for me:

-Product main folder

where descendentclass1 and descendentclass2 are both descended from
virtualclass. i.e, virtualclass shows up in both descendentclasses'
"basic" tab as a Base Class.  This was established in the "base Classes"
area when the ZClasses were created.

Ooh.  I just checked, and this is probably what you are looking for: The
property sheet will not show up in the descendents' view method list
unless the base class also has a view established of the property sheet.

-- Jim Washington