Brad Clements writes:
 > This code:
 > <dtml-call
 > <!-- charge result is &dtml-verrormessage;-->
 > Prints out _.None as the result.
 > However a print statement in my ordeobject.chargeCard method shows
 > that the return value isn't None.
Are you sure that you do not have a "verrormessage" variable or
object attribute/property around?

   The definitions in REQUEST have quite a low priority.
   They are usually at the bottom of the namespace stack
   and there at the bottom of the acquisition context.

   This implies:

     If you have any variable on the namespace stack,
     it will hide a REQUEST value bound to the same name.
     Same is true, for acquired names.

You may use <dtml-var "REQUEST['verrormessage']" html_quote>

        <dtml-with REQUEST>