>>Btw. can anybody tell me if and how it's possible to relocate
>>an installed Zope?

> Hmm... perhaps I am not understanding what exactly you mean, but a thought
> might be to use tar (on a UNIX system at least) to preserve your setup.
> Assuming you are using ZServer, Try shutting down Zope with ./stop, then
> do
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wanted to make a functional copy of an existing
zope installation. I wanted to "clone" a zope in order to be able
to do an installation of some more "dangerous" products/patches and
later on just change my apache/proxy pass to point to the new zope.
I know the techniques w.r.t. shell commands etc.

But very wired things happened with the new zope
(old paths showed up in tracebacks etc.), although I had changed
all installation paths...