> Oliver,

> I haven't been following this thread, but here's how I do it.

> It's quite simple.

> 1.    Copy the folder with Zope in.
> 2.    edit z2.py to change all references to the old folder to the new
> folder.
> 3.    edit the start script in the same way.

> That should be it.

Thanks Phil,
but that didn't do it for me at that time. IIRC I forgot one path
at first, but corrected that later. Anyway, when grepping
around I found out that the full path to the old install
was contained in every .pyc file and python hadn't bothered
to recreate them when I started the new zope.
But even when I deleted all *.pyc I couldn't get loginmanager
going at all (zope/loginmanager/zpopyda all pretended to work,
but postgres never saw any sql-query and all logins failed).

All in all it was very wired and made me think that this
"cloning" might be tricky and ask for a "standart procedure".