Leichtman, David J writes:
 > However, if you try to do the same thing with a LocalFS object, i.e.
 > <dtml-var "localfs_object.localfs_subobject.bobobase_modification_time">,
 > you get the error NameError: localfs_subobject
 > This leads me to believe that LocalFS subobjects are not really objects. But
 > then how does the Zope management interface deal with them, and how can I?
They are real objects but they behave differently from the standard
Zope objects.

You can use
   <dtml-with "localfs_object['localfs_subobject']">
     <dtml-var bobobase_modification_time>

At least the "Local File System" object does not expose
its children via "getattr" (which is required for the
usual "." operator to work) but only via "[...]".

This probably is a bug.