From: Martijn Pieters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Martijn
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 9:42 AM
To: Mohan Baro
Subject: Re: [Zope] ZDESIGN IDEAS = How to improve 'manage' ?

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 12:18:37PM -0500, Mohan Baro wrote:
> Are you planning a manage_install for products?
> The ability for superusers to install complelte products directly through
> the management interface, no need for ftp.
> similar to import/export feature

I hope not!

Anyone gaining management access to your Zope server will be
able to install arbitrary products on your server and gain access to the
file system.

There is a strict dividing line between the file system and the ZMI,
allowing installation through the web interface will cross that line with
one giant step.

Martijn Pieters