A binary distribution comes with python built-in so that it will run
without the installer having to also go get python. PYTHONPATH is the key
to understanding module sharing. Unless you (or the packager) change
something, a binary Zope uses only the modules in the built-in python (or,
at least, has the built-in lib/python first in PYTHONPATH). In the same
vein, the two pythons don't share modules unless you change somemthing,
e.g. PYTHONPATH (or maybe both their PYTHONPATHs end in
/usr/local/python). Just to double check what's going on in your Zope, use
this code to create an external method and visit it with your browser.

import sys

def sysPath(self):
    buff = ''
    for dir in sys.path: