On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 11:32:29AM +0100, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> And if you browse the ActiveState site some more, you'll see what they do
> for OSS.
> Who says that an OSS shop needs to run exclusively on OSS or has
> no right to sell software solutions?
> We at Digital Creations also use Windows NT and other commercial software,
> and our services also come with a price tag.

Just for the record:

The "right to sell software solutions" and the right to do "services with a
price tag" are even very crucial and important points in the world of free
software (read about RMS position in "Selling Free Software" at

What the free software community dislikes is selling *proprietary* software

In my own words: Money flow is no problem at all, as long as it doesn't take
away any crucial freedoms ;-).

PS: The crucial point about selling free software is certainly that you get
paid for the solution and for the work being done, not for the license to
use the software.