I would like to have users being able to enter german vowels , ,  and other
non-ASCII-characters for which HTML-entities exist (ISO 8859-1) into a
form-input-field and have them rendered as HTML-entities by the corresponding var-tag
in the form-handler.

The 'html_quote'-attribute only seems to convert &, <, and > (and quotes?). Of course
I could write my own python-method with a lot of replaces. But that would probably
mean to reinvent a wheel that already exists (this seems to be a rather common task to
me). Or is there a way to do it in DTML?

Any help appreciated.

Markus Kemmerling