Jake wrote:
As someone who has at least 5 different products using ZClasses across 10
different websites with millions of hits a month, I am certainly not happy
to see them go, but I do understand that their time has come.

If they are supported in 2.8 -> 2.9 and gone in 3.0 I guess that is ok.

If we deprecated them now, they would be gone in 2.10 (not to be confused with 3.0) too.

Again, it is going to take me and others a lot of work to migrate out our
data from those products into other vehicles but such is progress.

A decision hasn't been made. People who don't use them feel strongly that they should go. I'm trying to get a sense of how widely they are used. I'm trying to understand if people who use ZClasses are a silent majority, minority, or small minority.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Python Powered!
CTO (540) 361-1714 http://www.python.org