In our quest to replace the not-quite-working External File product, we're looking at ExtFile. However, when I upload files into an ExtFile, file extensions on the file system are being changed. test1.txt becomes test1.ksh, test2.doc becomes They have the correct ID's in the ZMI, but on the file system they now have something quite new.

Our solution relies on accessing via the ZMI and the file system at the same time, so the name being changed is somewhat inconvenient in its unpredictability (and I think Apaches mime types will get nicely screwed if we start bypassing Zope to get at them). I've done some poking at the source code but don't see why ExtFile is doing this or what logic it uses.

I bet someone out there knows.

Edward J. Pollard, B.Sc
Webmaster, University of Lethbridge
Ext. 1828