Hi Everyone,

I have an application that gains a large memory footprint very quickly, in
casual testing 100M in an hour or so. I have a largeish ZCatalog with extra
PathIndexes, using Plone, Archetypes and various other custom code. Using
LeakFinder I get lots of BTree stuff from ZCatalog queries. It looks like
it's being created legitimately but what's keeping the references to them
and how to go about finding out? In the java world I would use a memory
profiler to follow the reference chain till it went where it shouldn't. Is
there such a thing for python? If not how does one go about working out
whats keeping the memory?

BTrees.IOBTree.IOBucket         18479   4476
BTrees.OOBTree.OOBucket         9587    1992
BTrees.IIBTree.IISet    5273    1172
DateTime.DateTime.DateTime      3725    424
Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper     1231    218
Products.PlacelessTranslationService.GettextMessageCatalog.GettextMessageCat
alog    641     212
AccessControl.User.User         276     196

Dylan Jay
Web Builder
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---
www.pretaweb.com - Reliable & responsive CMS website development
www.meetmemap.com - makes giving directions easy
www.eatmanifesto.com - Traditional Sustainable and Delectable
Ph:+61(0)423198306 ~ Y!+Skype:dylan_jay ~ ICQ:520341 ~ SIP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]