Anders Karlsson wrote:

I am working some on a product where I have some problems making a nice interface to the calling dtml-code. My product grabs and caches RSS data for a feed, and now I would like to make an interface much like the one that is provided by the "Z SQL Method".

Like ZSQL method in what respect exactly?

My problem is that I can't find any documentation or examples of how to make this work with the acquisition.

What "this" are you referring to?

I have found out that I in my product class can have a __len__() function that returns the result size and a __getitem__() function that returns a numbered element. If I return a mapping from that function I can access the resulting values as I want, but to make it work I need to add the "mapping" attribute to my <dtml-in>-tag. I would like to get the same result without having to tell dtml-in that it's a mapping, just like "Z SQL Method" does.

Then looks at returning Result objects, or whatever theyr'e called, like ZSQL methods do...

objects of a result class from the __getitem__() function. Is there any specifications telling which functions such a class needs to implement?

Nope, I'd suggest you just re-use that class, since it likely does exactly what you want ;-)

Error Value: unbound Python method must be called with RSSItem 1st argument

Okay, so lets see a full traceback and the code the traceback refers to.

Zope maillist -
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **