MCDONNELL, LARRY wrote:

> I have a form that the field length for that element is set to 65k in
> the database. Using a textbox, the person can enter their information. I
> now want to view the text. I can again use a text box but what I want to
> do is this –
>
> <dtml-var mytext>
  >
> If I use this format, the text is one line. Are there arguments or a
> script that will add carriage return/line feed after you set the parameters?

You can wrap it in HTML <pre> tags. This preserves formatting on layout.

Otherwise, you'll have to replace the newlines in your text with <br/>
tags. Products.PythonScripts.standard.newline_to_br will do this for
you, as will the newline_to_br attribute on the dtml-var tag. (You can
find this in the Zope online help.)

               --jcc

Thanks for the help, it seems my company blocks lists so I did not get your response until this morning when I checked the archives.

Thanks,

Larry McDonnell

Coordinator of Educational Technology

New Haven Public Schools