--On Donnerstag, 28. April 2005 13:44 Uhr -0400 Asad Habib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have a session variable called 'undergraduateProjectsDirected' that I
declare using the following syntax:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.SESSION.set('undergradProjectsDirected', [ ])">

When I try to append items to this list variable, I get the following
error:

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'append'

I know for a fact that this variable exists since flushing the SESSION
attribute of the REQUEST variable using <dtml-var "REQUEST.SESSION">
yields its name and shows that it is initially empty.

I am using the following statement to append items:

<dtml-call
"(REQUEST.SESSION.get('undergraduateProjectsDirected')).append([student_n
ame, description])">

The strange thing is that when I change the name of this variable to
'undergradProjectsDirected', the error does not occur anymore.

Check the spelling of your session key! Of course you're getting an error when you are trying to append to something that does not exist.

-aj