While debugging an application of us I suspected we had a memory leak, so I started with the usual divide et impera approach, trying to figure where exactly was the problem.
I therefore started removing all code from inside the main templates in our system, so that I could figure where the problem was.
The surprise was that even if I removed all the code, still I was able to see the memory footprint of the zope server raise as new requests arrived.
I'm using ab from Apache project to test. I've devised a very simple product which shows the problem, which I include.
I tested this with python 2.3.4 and Zope 2.7.6
Test string was:
ab2 -A admin:admin -n 100 http://localhost:8080/LeakPT1/start_html
_______________________________________________ Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope ** No cross posts or HTML encoding! ** (Related lists - http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )