On May 11, 2005, at 22:32, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
That's not necessary, look at the ZMI, there is a logout option in the
dropdown box. I never digged into "zmi_logout" (IIRC it has that name)
but I think it is not accessible by _any_ Zope-User even not the
Emergency User, so regardless of what you type in the Login-dialog you
get logged out. The only problem I find is that you get presented a
login dialog which always fails to login and this is a bit "weird" as
"logout-action".

That's only as weird as basic HTTP auth itself. There *is* no other way to make the browser discard the credentials you typed in other than to tell the browser that an access is unauthorized, which will then always pop up the login box again.

This has nothing to do with Zope, it's just basic HTTP auth.

jens