Dieter Maurer wrote:
Allen Huang wrote at 2005-5-8 02:28 -0700:

Here is the problem. I want to use a form to upload a file (with a specific
name) but first I want to check if another file with the same name already
exist in that folder. How do I use a if or dtml-if to solve this problem??

      <dtml-if expr="hasattr(the_folder.aq_inner.aq_explicit, the_id)">
        "the_id" exists
        "the_id" does not exist

Dieter, I'm shocked ;-)

Why in DTML? Even though Allen mentions DTML, this never belongs in DTML.

Worse still, you use hasattr with ZODB... hastattr swallows all exceptions, including ConflictErrors, and especially in this example that would be a bad thing...

if getattr(thefolder.aq_inner.aq_explicit,the_id,None):
   print the_id + ' is in use'
   print the_id + ' is in use'
return printed