Cyrille Bonnet wrote:
It works for me so far. But if you have specific examples that I can use to improve the filter, they would be very welcome.

I think a filter is a totally abhorent way of attempting to tackle this...

* replace <html ...> with <html> (remove the namespace information)
* remove the login portlet: Plone uses form parameters __ac_name and __ac_password, which the W3C validator rejects as invalid.

Tee hee, so much for Plone's amazing standards compliance ;-)

I have been customising the templates in the past and it takes a lot of work, on many templates, all over the place.

Well, your filter only changes things that are in main_template...

In addition, I'd like to keep the content stored in the ZODB as XHTML.

And, last but not least, I can upgrade Plone without having to rework all my templates now.

Bwahahaha... the other great myth ;-)