Ah you are right.  Just occured to me.  That is kind of a pain in
DTML, but I've learned how to deal with it.  Makes sense.

If I already have an object, say from a form submitted, in the REQUEST
namespace, and I then retrieve data from sql and a column has the same
name, I will have an issue.  Which one is going to display in my var?

I deal with this particular issue by changing my zsql method to return
the column name differently, but there are other times when this may
arise and it is a problem. And this causes you to have to do a bunch
of messy dtml-call REQUEST.set's to set your vars correctly.

I have learned how to deal with these things, but you are right, this
is a problem with DTML and I can see how this exact issue helps make
DTML messy and a little confusing.  Great point.  Thanks.

On 5/27/05, Lennart Regebro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 5/27/05, Greg Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Well, aside from the fact that you cant use DTML in WYSIWYG editors, I
> > still dont understand why it is not good.
> Well, the fact that you get everyting directly into the current
> namespace, especially with DTML-in, and things like that, is the real
> problem. But as noted, by making all data-gathering in a python
> script, the problems with this are less and survivable.
> --
> Lennart Regebro, Nuxeo     http://www.nuxeo.com/
> CPS Content Management     http://www.cps-project.org/

Greg Fischer