John Poltorak wrote:

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 03:16:11PM -0500, J Cameron Cooper wrote:

John Poltorak wrote:

If I create a macro which defines a slot called 'content', is there any way to have that slot populated by a file with a specific name if it exists in a folder? What I'd like to do is create a structure text file, in each of the folders A B C and have it automatically loaded into a content slot of a master template whenever the options A B C are selected.

Can I do that, and if so how?

I have spent all day looking at ZPT references and have no idea if what I'd like to do is possible.

You don't have to involve macros::

    tal:replace="structure context/stxfile/CookedBody">
   This is sample page content

If 'stxfile' can be aquired, what it renders will be included as page structure. (You may need to use a different method one the end of the path to render the object; for Documents, this is 'CookedBody'.) Otherwise, nothing will be rendered, though you could add a block with the oposite condition to supply a default action.

Is 'stxfile' the actual filename? I'm not concerned about it being structured initially - just want to see it working in principle with any file containg some text.

It's the name of an object. I made up this name for your "structure text
file, in each of the folders A B C". You may call it as you will.

Note: there is no such thing as a "file" in the ZODB. Everything is an

This is how "content" is viewed. One thing I forgot to mention: you
would apply this template (say it's named 'special_view') to your
folders, like:

Now, if we used a template like this (let's name it 'direct_view')::

    This is sample page content

we could apply it like so::

This is a much more typical pattern, at least for content. If you want
to apply a wrapper to page templates, then you use macros.

"Building Websites with Plone"

Enfold Systems, LLC