+-------[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]----------------------
| On 23/06/05, Andrew Milton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| > +-------[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]----------------------
| > | Hi,
| > |
| > | I am developing an application that is a front end to an RDBMS.
| > | Sometimes, when loading a page, several scripts get called that all
| > | require the same information from the database.  It would obviously be
| > | costly for each script to call the same ZSQL method.  My method for
| > | avioiding this senario is...
| >
| > ZSQL Methods can do their own caching... you can set it from the Advanced
Tab
| > of the ZSQL Method. This should eliminate the overhead of multiple calls.
|
| Ah, nice.  Setting it to a second should do the job in this case.
| Ideally I'd like it doing it on a per request basis though.

Yeah, a method to clear the cache would be nice (it's a simple matter of
clearing the _v_cache attribute). But, a short-ish time for caching should
cover most cases (unless there's a lot of updating/inserting that could
possibly invalidate the result set).

--
Andrew Milton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]