I'm stuck this, and would appreciate help or pointers.

I have a form with 2 selection drop-downs. I want the user's choice of
select 1 to drive the options displayed in select 2. When the user
makes a selection in select 1, onChange calls a Javascript function
that should write select 2 options based on the result of a call to a
Python script, passing the select 1 choice as an argument to the Python

But: I cannot get the Javascript var into the namespace that the TALES
expression knows about.

function makeDropDown() {
  var widget = document.getElementById('select1');
  var choice = widget.options[widget.selectedIndex].value;
  var data = [result of calling Python script 'foo(arg)' with
  // create options for select 2
[various html...]
<select id="select1" onChange="makeDropDown()">

I've tried with multiple scripts, where one has tal:content=... but
cannot figure out how the TALES expression can get at what my
javascript gets from an event. I haven't done much with JavaScript
inside Page Templates, so perhaps I'm going about this all wrong.

Discover Yahoo!