Hi David

We are using the combo, although in a very plain form. We use a custom table for users and have implemented any additional functionality in our own way. So we use XUF/pg for handling security in Zope. This works on global roles, assigned in the table record, but also with local roles assigned to users in the ZMI.

Nice thing is: You can add multiple instances of XUF in different folders all pointing at the same pg table.

Summarising: We like XUF a lot, but do not use most of its advanced stuff. We have had no security or performance issues (but then our Postgresql server has RAID and 2 CPUs). Also, Andrew Milton (author) is very helpful in answering questions on the mailing list.

    https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/exuserfolder-users

Cheers