What platform is this on? and is it a uni or multi-processor system. I did a bit of studying a long time ago into performance of Solaris with python:

not sure how relevant it is now, but if you are running on an old solaris box there might be some hints there.

Jim Abramson wrote:
On a production Zope (2.7.6) running behind apache and connected to an Oracle database, I'm finding that once a user requests a page which runs a particularly slow sql (say up to 5 minutes), any other subsequent requests seem to take the hit as well, and return very slowly.

I have 8 zserver threads and a ZODB pool size of 10. I'm fairly certain I'm not maxing these out. So is this blocking effect just expected behavior for zope? One point of note is that the requests passed from apache all bear the remote ip of Could zserver be throttling the incoming requests due to their identical REMOTE_IP (or some other apache configuration detail)? Is there anything else I should investigate?

Matt Hamilton                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.        Business Vision on the Internet