On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:51:08 +0200, Stephen Bartlett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 If you attempt to import a SquishDot site that was exported from an
older version of Zope (in my case, Zope 2.6.4) into Zope 2.8.0, you
get an exception raised in Products.ZCatalog.Catalog.py at line 106
because self has no _length attribute.  In other sections of code in
Catalog.py, there's this chunk of code present:

~        if not hasattr(self, '_length'):
~            self.migrate__len__()

It seems that this chunk of code should also be inserted before the
reference to self._length in the clear() method.  I did so, and it
solved my issue with importing SquishDot sites.

This bug in Catalog.clear() is also in Zope 2.8.1.

This also causes issues when upgrading Plone sites, and counts for about half the migration error reports we get with Plone 2.1 at the moment. :)