Andrew Langmead escribió:

On Aug 18, 2005, at 1:19 PM, Garito wrote:

Sorry but my Mac OS X skill are null

I think you are in the unfortunate spot of of OS X where you are confronted with the ease of use of Unix and the ubiquity of the Macintosh.

I try:

sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope

but raises line 31: $1: unbound variable

now I supouse $1 will be StartService/StopService/RestarService

You might want to take a look at some of Apple's documentation for creating its startup items, since it is significantly different than either the traditional Unix styles (both BSD and SysV)

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/ BPSystemStartup/Articles/StartupItems.html>

Also, I would recommend against putting your startup items in /System/ Library/StartupItems, and suggest to use /Library/StartupItems instead. Everything in /System can be overwritten by OS upgrades, / Library is for a machine's local customizations.

What I believe you want in order to test your script is:

sudo /Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope start

the RunService function will take the argument "start" , "stop", or "restart", and based on that, run either the function "StartService", "StopService", or "RestartService". All three functions need to exist, whether they are used or not.

Once you get that to succeed, you might want to try to see if this succeeeds:

sudo /sbin/SystemStarter  restart "Zope WebServer"

(or maybe "Zope Server", you seem to have changed it between plist revisions.)

Hi

I try sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope start but nothing happend (nor on console)

but if I launch /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl start it works perfectly

I try to comment the if and fi lines but don't work

any idea?

Thanks!

--
Mis Cosas