Sean Dunn wrote:
I’m new to Zope, and am getting tired of using textarea’s to edit my Python/[HD]TML code. My space-bar thumb is starting to get an unnatural twitch, from hitting it multiple times at the beginning of every line of code. J

I’ve installed TinyMCE and Epoz, and they’re both great for documents.. But they’re both useless for writing code. Instead of writing my own skin for TinyMCE (and reinventing the wheel), are there any pure JavaScript/CSS code editors that can do search/replace, block indents, and (this would be amazing) Python syntax highlighting?

If you're getting tired of through-the-web development, probably its time to start developing your own zope products, on the filesystem.