Dieter Maurer wrote:

I am setting up sites using Plone and am concerned to read some of the
comments on it. Is it really that bad performance wise?

No, it is not.

It is just that the CMF is unable to fix a year long bug

It's not "CMF"'s fault, it's only the responsibility of Windows developers running CMF. I for one couldn't care less.

which affects Windows only when Zope is run in debug mode:

      then each access to a "filesystem directory view" triggers
      a hierarchical file system scan.

      The result is a slowdown by several orders of magnitude.

I believe Tres has now fixed this.

+33 1 40 33 71 59   [EMAIL PROTECTED]