Hi. This discussion has really helped me with my question about running asynchronous methods also since these kinds of requests could be cronned at the very least. But what about triggering this kind of script from the running zope instance. Is this possible?

What I am hoping to accomplish is when a user uploads a file it triggers the long-running script - the one I want to inject into ZEO (and gives the user immediate feedback) so they are not waiting for the process to complete. At the end of the long running process, I want to send them an email advising that the process was successful.

I am just setting up ZEO for first time today. I am anxious to give something like this a try. Many thanks.