Hi, noo-bee here, I need some direction, not sure if I should build my site from the ground up, or if there are templates that I can use out there.

I am trying to decide how to go about building site where users can signup for an account by confirming their email address. They will also have profiles and a rating system.

If anyone can direct me where to start, I will really appreciate it, the tutorials where really basic and didnt get into the details of sending emails or how to keep a user database with encrypted passwords to authenticate users.

Thank you so much, Javier Godinez